The Director, Brand Management and Activation will:
Own the strategic development and execution of Auxly’s new and existing portfolio and brand marketing plans to deliver short and long-term revenue and profit targets in line with Auxly corporate objectives. This requires in-depth analysis of the new emerging Cannabis space marketplace, consumer research, competitive trends and development of objectives and strategies for all key functional areas of the business including product, pricing, availability, media copy and tactical promotions. As well, the Director, Brand Management and Activation will lead the evaluation and analysis of the performance of executed strategic programs and advertising/equity campaigns to ascertain their effectiveness in meeting brand objectives.
Own the launch of new branded products, including research, packaging, product design, consumer programs and merchandising solutions.
Lead the development of the Medical, Recreational and Online Business plans through research, analysis and supporting activities as directed. This involves the identification of market opportunities/issues, priorities and the presentation of options. In line with this you will have the responsibility to provide market data and findings for the development of recommendations for advertising, media, packaging, strategic promotions in a highly regulated environment.
Build a sound knowledge of the Cannabis industry and all applicable regulations and take initiative in being informed of the latest developments in terms of markets both domestically and internationally.
Execute within the brand marketing budget and conduct financial analysis in support of brand/team objectives as directed based on Consumer Research, Market Data, Packaging, and Consumer Promotion.
– Live, eat, sleep, breath Auxly’s portfolio of brands.
– Work in interactive and collaborative groups across various subsidiary and affiliated entities in order to ensure brand vision and alignment across all applicable stakeholder groups.
– Demonstrate strong understanding of Auxly’s Upstream, Mid-Stream and Downstream business system, market dynamics and financials to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage in a new industry.
– Ability to drive and deliver change.
– Superior project management skills.
– Deliver superior business decisions in a timely manner by mining multiple data sources.
– Comprehend and alert others on the impact of a problem or the change it might have on other areas of the business.
– Proactive in establishing mechanisms for preventing and eliminating business problems, and if they do arise immediately tackles and alerts others who may be impacted.
Consumer Insight, Portfolio Architecture Development and Innovation
– Creatively build value to general demand and the creation of a new portfolio and brand loyalty through consumer idea leadership.
– Creatively build a robust innovation pipeline for all channels.
– Develop strategic insights from data and demonstrate strong drive to apply consumer insight against market opportunities.
Customer Insight and Channel Management
– Demonstrate strong customer and channel insight to maximize ability to drive the brand business effectively through the customer.
– Create and track optimal pricing and trade strategies along with their cross-functional team.
– Leverage fact-based information to shape Auxly’s route to market needs.
Strategic Insight and Planning
– Demonstrate a strong ability to identify and lead the strategic thrusts of brands and categories. Understand marketing processes and is flexible and innovative in their application.
– Consistently demonstrates strong insight into market positioning and strategy development.
– Competently evaluates the financial implications of marketing decisions.
– Demonstrate superior skills in understanding and merging different types of data for brand strategy development and superior execution (e.g. financial, share, volume, consumer research).
– Ability to develop a disciplined framework for organizing priorities, actions and people to achieve and exceed target results.
– Build and coach a team of Brand Managers and Marketing Coordinators.
– Develop, retain and recruit superior talent.
– Drive strong linkage with the overall Auxly Corporate initiatives.
– A University degree in Business. An MBA would be preferred.
– Accomplished thought leader, with an insatiable appetite to change the world they live in.
– Ability to capture minds and hearts of those they work with.
– 5-10 years of consumer focused, highly regulated, marketing experience in consumer products with a preference to individuals with high-tiered consumer packaged goods experience focused in food, alcohol and tobacco industries.
– Superior communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation.
– Bilingual in English and French would be an asset.
** Provide a portfolio of relevant original work if applicable.
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.