Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is currently looking for a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all payroll and benefits administration as well as providing operational support to the HR team for a variety of current and upcoming projects and tasks.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Payroll Administration (70%)
- Assisting in the processing of the semi-monthly payroll, ensuring the accuracy of payroll inputs and deductions.
- Responsible for producing and analyzing a variety of payroll and HR reports.
- Assisting in payroll projects including policy, process, and technological changes to increase accuracy and efficiency and, create standardization.
- Ensuring the processing of payroll adheres with federal and provincial regulations.
- Investigating and responding to employee and manager inquiries on a timely basis and providing guidance on payroll questions (i.e. paystubs, time/labour system hours, vacation, sick time accruals).
- Updating and maintaining employee records (i.e. salary changes, promotions, employee status) on ADP.
- Performing payroll year-end processes, issuing T4’s, T4As, etc.; and Record of Employment (ROE).
- Creating payroll audit reports to verify accuracy.
- Providing guidance to HR team on payroll matters.
- Working on projects on as needed basis.
Benefits Administration (20%)
- Responsible for benefits administration for current employees, new hires and exiting employees.
- Solid understanding of Auxly’s benefits program and answer questions from employees. Ability to present benefits program to employees, as needed.
- Updating and maintaining benefits records and enrollment for current, new hires and exiting employees.
- Preparing all benefit packages including ordering of stock and processing benefit related paperwork.
- Managing Auxly’s online benefits administration through ADP.
- Assists with various benefit projects and surveys, on an as needed basis.
HR Support (10%)
- Creating HR reports on ad-hoc reports.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date, and complete personnel records on ADP.
- Solid understanding of Auxly’s policies and answer questions from employees.
- Providing guidance on payroll and HR best practices.
- Post-secondary degree in payroll, accounting an/or human resources.
- Demonstrated autonomous work experience in payroll and benefits administration and HRIS experience, preferably with ADP, Concur.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification, either achieved or in progress.
- Working knowledge of all applicable legislation (Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, Canada Pension Plan Act, Employment Insurance Act, etc.).
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint. Advanced Excel, including pivot tables, V-lookup, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to organize time, set priorities and multitask in order to meet various competing work, deadlines and continual interruptions.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and provide creative solutions with tact and diplomacy with a customer-centric focus.
What will set you apart
- Previous experience using BambooHR, ADP and Concur products and/or services.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Experience with HR system implementations.
- Bilingualism (French / English).
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.
** Provide a portfolio of relevant original work if applicable.
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.