Auxly on a Hot Streak Heading into a Summer Packed with New Products
TORONTO, July 12, 2021 — Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. (TSX – XLY) (“Auxly” or the “Company”), a leading consumer packaged goods company in the cannabis products market, is excited to present its product line-up for a summer season filled with brand-new offerings and inspired flavours across multiple categories, including dried flower, vapes, edibles, oil, capsules and concentrates.
Today’s announcement comes as the Company is experiencing success with its previously announced strategic expansion into the dried flower market, including the introduction of dried flower offerings under its Back Forty brand. Auxly’s Back Forty Pine Kush launched in March and it has quickly become one of the most popular flower brands in Canadai. The success of the Back Forty flower launch has helped Auxly capture approximately 2% of the entire national cannabis flower market (dried flower and pre-rollsii) for the month of June. The Company is delighted with its early success in a segment (dried flower) that accounts for nearly 75% of all Canadian cannabis sales to-date this quarter, or more than $2 billion in sales annuallyiii.
With its leadership position in cannabis 2.0 products and the added success of dried flower sales, Auxly has achieved a 5.2% share of the national market for the month of June, as confirmed by Headset Canadian Insights. Further, the Company has moved up to the #6 position among Canadian Licensed Producers for the month of Juneiv.
Now, Auxly looks ahead to a summer 2021 lineup designed to delight Canadian cannabis consumers and capture even more of the dried flower market, including exciting new cultivars under the Back Forty brand and the launch of Back Forty pre-rolls.
“Through a focused strategy built on deep consumer insights and executional excellence, we are proud to continue to grow our market share and make a successful entry into the dried flower segment,” said Hugo Alves, CEO of Auxly. “We are excited to continue introducing new products that are responsive to our consumers’ needs, including a more robust line-up of dried flower and pre-roll offerings under our Back Forty and Kolab brands.”
“Canadians deserve something special after a year and a half of pandemic life, and we wanted to make sure our brands rose to the occasion,” said Andrew MacMillan, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Auxly. “Our team of product developers and marketing experts have leveraged consumer insights this summer to bring a suite of high-quality and unique cannabis products that we believe will continue to drive sales and gain meaningful market share for Auxly.”
Here’s a look at the new products Canadian cannabis consumers can look forward to this summer from Auxly’s in-house brands Kolab Project, Back Forty, Foray and Dosecann. More information about these product launches will be announced over the coming weeks. The following products will be available across Canada:
Flower & Pre-rolls:
- Back Forty Animal Mints and Wedding Pie flower. Organically grown, Animal Mints and Wedding Pie are exceptional strains with high THC potencies. These new cultivars will land in the Back Forty where consumers find a better experience for less.
- Back Forty 40s pre-rolls. 40s are machine-rolled straight joints manufactured with state-of-the-art pre-roll technology for a consistent, quality pre-roll that burns evenly with enhanced airflow and flavour. Back Forty 40s will launch with Back Forty’s new organically grown strains Animal Mints and Wedding Pie.
- Kolab Project x Robinsons Growers Series Purple Kush. This summer crossover sees Robinsons’ heavy hitting Purple Kush joining the popular Kolab Project Growers Series, providing cannabis enthusiasts with Robinsons’ superior quality cannabis uplifted by the Kolab Project Growers Series platform.
- Kolab Project 132 Series Live Resin Black Cherry Punch soft chew. A broad-spectrum experience, Canada’s first live-resin soft chew includes aromatic Black Cherry Punch live resin with cherry and floral undertones.
- Back Forty S’mores chocolate. Back Forty’s first edible captures the iconic Canadian campfire treat by combining the flavours of marshmallow, graham crackers and, of course, chocolate.
Kolab Project 232 Series maximizes the flavour and natural expression of the plant for a true-to-strain experience across multiple categories. This summer, Kolab Project puts Slurricane in the spotlight in the following categories:
- Vapes: 1g Live Terpene 510 vape cartridge. Slurricane joins Ice Cream Cake and Black Cherry Punch – both newly launched in the Ontario market.
- Concentrates: Fans of Kolab Project’s best-selling THCA Diamonds will be excited to learn that the brand is issuing a new installment with the Slurricane strain.
Oils & Capsules:
- Dosecann expands its offerings featuring Auxly’s exclusive, proprietary Ahiflower® Seed Oil and CBD this summer. CBD Omega Lemon Lavender oil and CBD 50 Omega capsules combine high-potency, broad-spectrum cannabinoids with Ahiflower for a sustainably sourced, plant-based, non-GMO source of essential Omega 3 and 6.
In addition to the above national product launches, Auxly is making the following unique edible products available to select provinces. More information about the distribution of these products will be announced in coming weeks:
- Back Forty Sour Grape and Sour Cherry soft chews. These vegan soft chews join S’mores as the inaugural edibles for Back Forty, in flavours that recall simpler times.
- Foray Strawberry Milkshake White Chocolate. Nothing says summer like a strawberry milkshake. Perhaps Foray’s tastiest edible yet, Strawberry Milkshake White Chocolate is a fresh take on an old-fashioned favourite, perfectly blended to create and rich and creamy mouthfeel, bursting with delicious berry flavour and notes of white chocolate.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
“Hugo Alves” CEO
In the country’s largest market, Ontario, Back Forty Pine Kush in 28g units was the #5 dried-flower SKU in the quarter ending June 30, 2021 (source: OCS sales data, as of July 1, 2021); in British Columbia, Back Forty dried flower was the sixth best-seller for Q2, 2021, capturing approximately 3% of the retail market (source: Headset Canadian Insights, British Columbia dried-flower sales, by brand, as of July 1, 2021).
Headset Canadian Insights, Total Canadian Cannabis dried-flower and pre-roll sales, as of July 1, 2021
Headset Canadian Insights, Total Canadian Cannabis sales, as of July 1, 2021
About Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. (TSX: XLY) (OTCQX: CBWTF)
Auxly is a leading Canadian cannabis company dedicated to bringing innovative, effective, and high-quality cannabis products to the wellness and adult-use markets. Auxly’s experienced team of industry first-movers and enterprising visionaries have secured a diversified supply of raw cannabis, strong clinical, scientific and operating capabilities and leading research and development infrastructure in order to create trusted products and brands in an expanding global market.
Learn more at www.auxly.com and stay up to date at Twitter: @AuxlyGroup; Instagram: @auxlygroup; Facebook: @auxlygroup; LinkedIn: company/auxlygroup/.
For more information please contact:
Scott Campbell, 647-402-4957, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice Regarding Forward Looking Information:
This news release contains certain “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities law. Forward-looking information is frequently characterized by words such as “plan”, “continue”, “expect”, “project”, “intend”, “believe”, “anticipate”, “estimate”, “may”, “will”, “potential”, “proposed” and other similar words, or information that certain events or conditions “may” or “will” occur. This information is only a prediction. Various assumptions were used in drawing the conclusions or making the projections contained in the forward-looking information throughout this news release. Forward-looking information includes but is not limited to: the successful production and launch of current and future Company products; the Company’s execution of its product development, commercialization strategy, and expansion plans; the ability of the Company to maintain and grow its market share; the relevance of the Company’s proposed products; consumer preferences; political change, future legislative and regulatory developments involving cannabis and cannabis products; and competition and other risks affecting Auxly in particular and the cannabis industry generally.
A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from a conclusion, forecast or projection contained in the forward-looking information in this release including, but not limited to whether: there is acceptance and demand for current and future Company products by consumers and provincial purchasers; and general economic, financial market, regulatory and political conditions in which Auxly operates will remain the same. The forward-looking information in this release is based on information currently available and what management believes are reasonable assumptions. Forward-looking information speaks only to such assumptions as of the date of this release. In addition, this release may contain forward-looking information attributed to third party sources, the accuracy of which has not been verified by Auxly. The forward-looking information contained in this release is expressly qualified by the foregoing cautionary statements and is made as of the date of this release. Except as may be required by applicable securities laws, Auxly does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking information to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, whether as a result of new information, future events or results, or otherwise.
Neither Toronto Stock Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the Toronto Stock Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.